Our Relaxation and Comfort tour takes you on a journey by car to Machu Picchu.
You will have an in-depth look at Cusco, the Sacred Valley, the Lares Hot Springs, the typical Andean community of Choquecancha, and end your adventure in Machu Picchu.
we immerse ourselves in Andean culture and imagine what it would be like to live as a farmer in Choquecancha. Only True Mountain Traveler does this demonstration and has permission.
We'll teach you a ton, feed you local fare, and perform traditional music and dance - but you'll also have a unique opportunity for an interactive experience:
- Try your hand at using farming tools to cultivate maize
- Sample some of the final product, the sacred drink chicha. Careful, it's strong!
- Try on traditional clothing weaved by local Choquecancha women
- Join in the festivities and learn a dance
2-3 People US$830 per person
4-6 People US$815 per person
7+People US$800 per person
Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18's Discount: US$20
Sleeping Bag US$10
Inflatable air matts US$10
Hotel single room +US$35
Huayna Picchu permit US$25
- Hotel pickup at 1pm
- Walk to Cusco’s Plaza de Armas and visit the famous Cathedral of Santo Domingo
- Visit Q’oricancha, the Temple of the Sun
- Bus to Sacsayhuaman for a majestic Incan site with 200 ton stone walls that hold the strength to survive high magnitude earthquakes
- Q’enqo Incan altars
- Puca Pucara - a military fortress used to defend Cusco in the Incan Empire
- Tambomachay - water temple used by Incas for bathing
- Return to Cusco (main square walk - back to your hotel)
- Early pick up at your hotel to begin our visit to the Sacred Valley
- Visit to Chinchero inca ruins and weaving center
- Learn the difference between llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas
- Appreciate the varieties of corn and potatoes that are unique to the Sacred Valley and an important part of the Andean diet
- A great opportunity to buy real alpaca clothing and gifts
- Moray Inca ruins, where the terraces were used to farm corn, potatoes, and quinoa
- Visit to Salineras(salt mine) where the salt was processed sice incas time
- salineras traditional market where you can purchase souvenirs and sample local food
- Pass through the towns of Orubamba, and Calca
Arrive at campsite in the Lares Hot Springs. Bring a bathing suit, as relaxation will be steps away from your tent!
- After breakfast, we will visit a Choquecancha farm nearby
- The time here will be filled with fun as you:
- Learn about Andean agriculture
- See how music and dance are incorporated into the fabric of Andean farming culture
- Drink chicha, learn the importance of the sacred drink, and learn proper Andean drinking etiquette
- Try on clothing weaved by local Choquecancha women
Lunch featuring traditional Andean food
After lunch we take our private transport to Ollantaytambo from and we catch the train to Aguas Calientes.
- Extra time to wander Ollantaytambo village before dinner
Head to Aguas Calientes where we stay the night in a hotel
This is the day you've been waiting for. We wake up early to take a bus to the Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, and if the weather allows, we will watch the sunrise for the most spectacular views.
You will have a 2 hour guided tour through these magical ruins. Afterwards, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy Machu Picchu on your own and take pictures. You also have the option of taking the challenging hike up Huayna Picchu.
We depart Machu Picchu, stopping off at Aguas Calientes for lunch before heading back to Cusco by train and bus.
- briefing the night before at your hotel with your guide where your guide
- Pick up from your hotel
- Transfer in private transport
- 4 person sleeping tents (we only put 2 in each tent) very spacious, large and comfortable with plenty of room to fit your day packs
- Foam mats to put under your sleeping bag
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs (very confortable)
- English-speaking professional guide (2 guides for groups over 10 people)
- Diner day 2 and 3, breakfast day 3 and 4, luch day 2,3.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Chef, cooking equipment and kitchen tent
- Expedition Tourist class train from Aguas Calientes toOllantaytambo in the Sacred Valley, then a private Van to transfer back to your hotel in Cusco
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, Sacred valley,Cusco Archaeological Complex
- Bus to/from Machu Picchu (roundtrip)
- 2 hour Private Guided tour of Machu Picchu with plenty of time to explore on your own
- Hotel 1 night in Aguas Calientes double or triple rooms, private bathrooms, hot showers, wifi, and storage while you visit Machu Picchu.
- Climb to the Sun Gate, inka bridge.
- We are a locally owned Peruvian company with the best adventure guides, professional chefz, and amazing porters
- We will create a the trip of a lifetime experience for you.
- Andean agriculture demostration
- Natural hot springs
- Local interact with the local kinds and comunity people.
- Lunch on the last day
- Sleeping bag (this can be rented from the company for $10
- Optional inflatable sleeping pad (7cm/3″) (you can rent from the company $10)
Optional Huayna Picchu Climb ($25 per person)
- Original Passports and student cards (if applicable and booked as a student)
- sleeping bag (can be rented from the company for $10)
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothes (the temperature changes)
- sun hat,
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Insect repellent (non malarial mosquitos)
- Rain poncho (you can buy this in Cusco)
- Bathing suit
- Sandals are recommended for hot springs
- Personal medical kit
- Student card if you are student, you must scan it when you are booking
- Toiletries: toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes, hand sanitazer